For the rest of May and the first week of June, we will be collecting recyclables and exchanging them for school supplies to give to schoolchildren in underpriviledged communities, just in time for the start of the new school year.
This Saturday, our volunteers will be at D’ Cape Mile Bar and Restaurant in Mo. Ignacia Ave. from 10AM to 2PM to receive your donations. We can also arrange for a meet-up or a pick-up at a location and time more convenient for you. Please send as a message through e-mail ([email protected]) or mobile (09204469728).
You may donate any of the following:
- Scrap paper, old newspaper, carton boxes or cardboard scraps
- Old notebooks and books
- Empty PET bottles, plastic cups, scrap plastic
- Glass bottles, beer, softdrink, catsup bottles
- Aluminum and tin cans, aluminum bottle caps, GI sheets, scrap metal
- Empty ink cartridges
- Junk electrical appliances
- Used batteries
- Other recyclable materials
We will be posting more announcements and other drop-off venues; we’ll keep you updated.
Please help us spread the word. Thanks.